What is The Motorcycling Blog?
There are a lot of motorcycling, racing, tools and travel blogs on the internet. What makes The Motorcycling Blog worth following?
Answer: My intellect, experience and passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and two-wheeled maintenance and exploration allow me to offer readers stories and an analytical perspective they can’t find anywhere else.
I’m a motorcycle nerd who loves recreational and competitive riding, as well as doing my own maintenance to the greatest degree I can.
It takes a lot more than a laptop and an opinion to be a good blogger, and my goal with every article I pen for The Motorcycling Blog is to deliver content that is informative, insightful and fun to read.
The Motorcycling Blog’s Mission
Though I write freelance for print and online publications, it’s important to me to maintain a home for stories that deserve to be told but don’t fit with existing outlets’ audiences.
This blog also is the place where I create a running chronicle of my motorcycling legacy, as well as share information with other riders and explorers to help enhance their adventures.
There are so many stories I tell friends, family and people I meet when I’m traveling or at the track that need to reach more people.
And if you have a story you feel the same way about but aren’t much of a writer, I’d like to hear more about it.
Fast Mike’s Professional Accomplishments
- Worked as an associate editor for the American Motorcyclist Association (2018-2020)
- Began motorsports journalism career in 2016 on iHeart Media’s Two Wheel Power Hour Motorcycle Show
- Has more than 100 published articles for American Motorcyclist magazine, RevZilla’s Common Tread and Motoclectic
- MotoAmerica media credential holder since 2016
- Owner/Principal of Marino Communications
- Have covered a variety of motor sports events, including AMA Grand Championships, American Flat Track, AIMExpo, International Motorcycle Shows and AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
- Interned with the National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio, in 2017
- First media assignment: FIM MotoGP round at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, in 2016
Fast Mike’s Motorcycling & Travel Resume
- More than 150,000 miles of on-road motorcycle riding experience
- Has ridden in 30 states
- Motorcycle Sport Touring Association member
- AMA EAGLES volunteer
- Has never intentionally ridden off-road
- Motorcycles owned:
- 1982 Honda CB450T Hawk
- 1997 Honda Nighthawk 750
- 1998 Suzuki Bandit 1200
- 2003 Yamaha FJR1300
- 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500
- 2008 Yamaha FJR1300
- 2001 Suzuki SV650S
- Longest motorcycle tour: Buffalo, N.Y. to Salt Lake City, Utah, in 2010
- Worked at Iron Pony Motorsports in Westerville, Ohio, in 2020-2021
- Ongoing Johnny Cash riding project
More About Fast Mike
- Born in Pittsburgh, Pa., and grew up in Rochester, N.Y.
- Resides in Cleveland, Ohio
- Master’s degrees in history and urban planning, bachelor’s in political science
- Lives a mostly condiment-free lifestyle
- Favorite sports teams: Cleveland Guardians and Miami Dolphins
- Harbor Freight Tools addict